|Free download hotest & newest apps and games . . .|
December 3, 2009 - Free download PeaZip 2.8.1
PeaZip allows to apply powerful multiple search filters to archive's content; create and extract multiple archives at once; create self-extracting archives; export job definition as command line; save archive's layouts; bookmark archives and folders; scan and open with custom applications compressed and uncompressed files etc... Other features: strong encryption, robust file copy, split/join files (file span), secure data deletion, compare, checksum and hash files, system benchmark, generate random passwords and keyfiles.
PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager: cross platform, available as portable and installable software for 32 and 64 bit Windows (9x, 2k, XP, Vista) and Linux (PeaZip is a desktop neutral application). PeaZip is freeware, free of charge for any use, and is also free as in freedom since it's Open Source (LGPLv3).
You can use PeaZip on all Windows version and on Linux (PeaZip is a desktop neutral application) with the same features and look and feel; moreover, for both platforms, PeaZip is also available as standalone, portable application not needing installation.
• Full support (read and write): 7Z, 7Z-sfx, ARC/WRC, BZ2/TBZ2, custom, GZ/TGZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP
• Read only (browse, extract, test): ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND (MSI, DOC, XLS, PPT), CPIO, ISO, Java (JAR, EAR, WAR), Linux (DEB, PET/PUP, RPM, SLP), LHA/LZH, LZMA, Mac (DMG/HFS), NSIS, Open Office files, PAK/PK3/PK4, RAR, SMZIP, U3P, UDF, WIM, XAR, XPI, Z/TZ
• Repair: ARC
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available. For archive creation, PeaZip suppors a wide range of compression and encryption standard, from fastes to most powerful ones, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
• 7Z's AES256 encryption: ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
• FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
• PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption
Localizations: Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, Galitian, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Sinhala, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese and other languages.
Changes in PeaZip 2.8.1 (2009 12 03):
# FILE MANAGER
* (Windows 7) Fixed drag and drop on Windows 7
* (Linux) Fixed a bug which on some circumstances crashed the application while opening an archive on startup
* New navigation menu entry for Public documents for Windows Vista/7
* New theme for providing a more intuitive and familiar look and feel to Windows users
* New icons for databases, vector graphic, palette graphic, and icons/cursors
* Improved password form's exception handling
* Reset button to clear the search filter and refresh the file browser applying the non filtered non recoursive listing
* Added "Recent archive" panel to status bar
* Added "Explore path with PeaZip", "Explore path" and "Open command prompt here" entries to History and Recent panels' context menu
* Keyboard shortcuts:
o Ctrl+A becomes shortcut to "Select all"
o Ctrl+L becomes shortcut to "Extract all"
* Various minor updates and fixes
Copyright 2009 , All riths reserved